Saturday 29 March 2014

The Big Shuffle

It felt more like I was back in September this week: lots of wandering, procrastinating, and not much work accomplished. So I decided to try a new seating plan. I sat everyone with the person that they were most likely to wander over to in the hopes that the privilege of getting to sit with a friend is enough of an incentive to stay on task. With Friday's indoor recess, I'm not sure how well this experiment is working out yet. 


The big shuffle!

I had some great news this week! One of my students, Kailey, had her artwork featured in the newspaper. I love hearing about all of the great accomplishments of my students outside of school. 


This week, the grade twos reviewed the "ere" sound in "Le ver de terre" and the "ir" sound in "Vladimir". The grade threes began the story "Au camp d'été". We finished up our cycle of ateliers and then worked on a lot of science this week. 

Drawing soles of shoes after reading about friction (Grade 3)

Does it float or sink? (Grade 2)

Is it attracted to a magnet? (Grade 3)

As Respect is our school-wide focus at the moment, we watched a movie about respect. Unfortunately the language choices were only English or Spanish, not French, so we watched it in English. It also contained some great reminders of how friends treat one another. 


Getting active with Just Dance during our indoor recess on Friday...

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment