Thursday 12 September 2013

Changes!

I am feeling very sad at the moment. Our school has had to reorganize due to the extremely high numbers in all of our French Immersion kindergarten classes. As a result, I am losing eight of the lovely grade threes that I have been enjoying getting to know. And while I know I will be getting nine more wonderful grade twos, and that those leaving will enjoy the rest of their school year in either Mlle Bennett's or M. Virtue's classes, I will still miss them. Tomorrow we will be finishing up any work, so that it can be taken with them to their new classes. 

This week, we have continued to look at patterning and have spent more time writing/explaining about patterns. While I had originally planned to move onto a new unit next week, we will have to spend a bit more time on this to ensure that the incoming grade two students get a chance to become proficient in this. Then we will be moving on to representing numbers. 


Some examples of our math work

In Language, the grade twos have been working on the following sounds in our daily comptines: hard c, d, e, é, and will finish the week with è/ê tomorrow. The grade threes worked on the sound "en" with its different spellings (en, an, em, am) in the story "Le champignon ensorcelé". The students completed their poems about themselves which will go with their now complete self-portraits. For those staying, look for the self-portraits as they will be posted in the classroom. I will send the self-portraits home with those leaving. 

I would like to extend a welcome to all of the students who will be moving into my class at the end of the day tomorrow. I look forward to getting to know everyone and hope the adjustment will be smooth and quick. 


Working on our self-portraits



Independent Reading










No comments:

Post a Comment